Friday, February 19, 2010

Why I hate rythmic clappers

The male figure skating competition was fierce. Those dudes skated their little hearts out, and the guy with the snake on his costume really killed it. However, I have to note one thing that really annoys me during any type of dance or musical performance or competition. At almost every event I've been to, whether it was a concert, recital, dance performance, or anything with music, when the music gets really lively and the musicians get to breaking it down, without fail, there is always a group of people who start clapping rhythmically to the music. I hate this. First of all, the music is usually good enough that we don't need the added clapping. Second, this group invariably starts clapping off beat, which throws off the performer and results in the performer awkwardly trying to follow both the rhythmic clapping and the music at the same time. If you are a rhythmic clapper, PLEASE STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment